Wow, what a day!
Thank you to everyone for embracing the #PurpleOurWorld concept and popping on some purple for such a worthwhile cause.
In the current climate, we’re asked to wear a different colour almost every single day for all the incredible causes out there. And even though it is such a simple and easy thing to do, we know it can get tiresome to be doing it so often.
So what makes us different? Well we’ve got plenty of reasons. But the main one, we believe, is that it’s time for the spotlight to shine on pancreatic cancer. And on Friday, you helped us achieve that.
We were absolutely blown away by the amount of purple flooding Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Seeing strangers wearing our #PurpleOurWorld merchandise and newsreaders in Philadelphia tagging us on Twitter were definite highlights.
And while it was amazing to see the uptake of people sharing their pictures on social media, it was the big brands that got behind us as well that made all the more difference.
Thank you to Qantas, ANZ, Pearsons Florist, Prevention Magazine, Ramsay Health Care, Goldman Travel and Todae Solar for sharing our cause internally and on social media.
To Gelato Messina, the flavour was absolutely delicious. Nothing could wipe the smiles off our faces as we saw the Likes and Shares climbing on your posts. We got an absolute kick out of seeing our cause on your chalkboards and we are so appreciative of everyone who went out and bought a scoop (or a couple of litres).
To the people who gave so generously of their time and resources to make our breakfast so special, thank you!
- Tooti from Events to a T – thanks for coming at the crack of dawn to set up. Your ability to bring our collaborative vision to life is astounding.
- Neat Floral – thank you for choosing our beautiful flowers.
- Hana from Sweet Layerz – the cupcakes were delicious and looked absolutely spectacular.
- Nadine Saacks Photography – thank you for capturing our morning so beautifully.
- Justin from Mugg Shot Coffee – thank you for keeping us caffeinated and for your exceptional service.
- Bar Doppio – thank you for donating some of the food and supplies.
Thank you also to the shops that graciously displayed balloons and signs.
- Bryoni’s Hair
- Jetset Travel Rose Bay
- Bar Doppio
- Home Timber and Hardware Rose Bay
- Pasta Pantry Rose Bay
- Pita Mix
- Centennial Dry Cleaners
- Eden Art Framing Rose Bay
To our Ambassadors, Tracey Spicer and Robbie Farah, and our charity partners – Avner Pancreatic Cancer Foundation, Garvan Research Foundation, GI Cancer Institute and Pancare Foundation – thank you for your support. We can’t wait to continue our work together.
And finally, thank you again to all of you. Whether it was sharing your story, raising money for our charity partners or wearing purple to raise much-needed awareness, without you, we couldn’t be doing the work we’re doing.
Thank you for backing us and thank you for giving all of our loved ones the voice they deserve.
Here’s to next year!
The #PurpleOurWorld Team